The following is a list of the healthiest foods you can get. This will help you get an idea of what foods are best for your body.
- ApricotsApricots contain beta-carotene, which helps to prevent radical damage and also helps protect the eyes. A single apricot contains 17 calories; 0 fat, and grams of fiber. You can eat them dried or soft.
- MangoHalf packs 57mg of vitamin C handle almost all your daily dose. This antioxidant helps prevent arthritis and also the immune system.
- CantaloupeCantaloupes contain 117 GG of vitamin C, which is almost twice the recommended dose. Half a melon contains 853 mg of potassium, which is almost twice as much as the banana, which helps lower blood pressure. Half a melon contains 97 calories, 1 gram fat, 2 grams of fiber.
- TomatoesTomatoes may reduce the risk of cancers of the bladder, stomach and colon cancers in half if you eat once a day. Tomato contains 26 calories, 0 fat, and only 1 gram of fiber.
- OnionsOnions may help protect against cancer. A cup of onions offers 61 calories, 0 fat and 3 grams of fiber.
- BroccoliBroccoli may help protect against breast cancer, and also contains lots of vitamin C and beta carotene. A cup of broccoli contains 25 calories, 0 fat and 3 grams of fiber.
- SpinachSpinach contains carotenoids that can help prevent macular degeneration, a major cause of blindness in the elderly. One cup contains 7 calories, 0 fat and 1 gram of fiber.
- Cereals, pulses and nuts
- PeanutsPeanuts and other nuts can lower your risk of heart disease by 20 percent. One ounce contains 166 calories, 14 grams of fat and 2 grams of fiber.
- CrabCrab is a great source of vitamin B12 and immunity boosting zinc. A 3 ounce serving of crab offers 84 calories, 1 gram of fat, and 0 fiber.